During the COVID-19 pandemic and the lessening of restrictions people will want to meet and move about. Dr. Henry has asked people in BC to travel within our province. During the summer many people travel to the Okanagan where there is an abundance of sun, fresh tree fruits, beaches, and wine. Other areas across the interior, the Fraser Valley and Vancouver Island also have a lot to offer, including wine. When you go to a winery tasting room this summer there will be protocols to follow. Some wineries may require you to make a reservation to enter their tasting room at a certain time for example. In order to help you know what requirements different BC wineries are implementing when you visit their winery, I have put together this list for you so that you can more easily find this information. I’ve categorized the information provided to me by BC wineries according to their location in BC. Enjoy safely.
If there are any wineries not listed, but you have COVID-19 protocol information, please contact me to add you to this list. Thanks.
- Okanagan Crush Pad
- Howling Bluff Estate Winery – we use a reservation system and our tasting fee is $15.00 which includes our branded Riedel wine glass to take home. Can also email.
- Burrowing Owl Estate Winery
- Hillside Winery – Tastings by appointment. Bistro open for dinner; reservations only. Our Online reservation systems make it easy to book.
- St Hubertus & Oak Bay Estate Winery Ltd. – We are extending our opening from 12 -16.00 to 11 – 17.00 there is a limit of 2 groups of max 4 persons at the time (no reservations needed).
- Mayhem Wines
- Pentage Winery
- C.C. Jentsch Cellars – The Wineshop/Tastings at C.C. Jentsch Cellars remain closed to visitors until further notice. Sorry, wine tastings are not available.
- Tantalus Vineyards – At this stage, we are offering seated, appointment-only tastings. Our offerings could change after June, so best for guests to visit our website for the most current information. Click on link for more tasting info.
- Spearhead Winery
- House of Rose Winery
- Giant Head Estate Winery
- Noble Ridge Vineyard & Winery
- Moon Curser Vineyards – Moon Curser is now open for tastings and physically distant sales. Tastings are by appointment, daily 10am-5pm, on the hour (last tasting at 4pm). Reservations are highly recommended, please call us to book at 250-495-5161, 10 till 5 pm daily. Walk-in tastings will only be possible when time and space permit.
- Summerhill Pyramid Winery – Summerhill is greeting guest with sparkling wine and running our tasting room with a host, leading groups to a tasting station once one is sanitized and ready. No appointments necessary. There is a $10 tasting fee for those who just want to taste and not purchase, otherwise the tasting is complimentary. Our restaurant patio is open and serving beautiful organic Mediterranean inspired soul food.
- Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars – The Tasting Room is closed. Order online: https://www.bluemountainwinery.com/Products Free shipping on 6 bottles or more, code 2020THANKYOU
- Foxtrot Vineyards – Open for Tours and Tastings in July by appointment only; sign up for newsletter for updates: https://www.foxtrotwine.com/mailing-list/. Order online; free shipping within BC on 6 bottles of more. For contactless curbside pick up, contact Mary Anne Virtue firstname.lastname@example.org or 236-818-1227
- Quails’ Gate – Wine Shop open daily for retail sales and tastings by appointment during the hours of 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Walk-in guests accommodated based on availability. Old Vines Restaurant dining room and patio Open Daily from 11:00 AM for Lunch, Afternoon & Dinner; tables of 6 guests or less. Reservations highly recommended.
- Upper Bench Winery and Creamery – Wine Shop open daily 10AM – 5PM for wine & cheese shopping, no tasting. Contact the winery for contactless curbside pick up. Free shipping in BC, no minimum order, code freeshipping2020. The Oven Restaurant is closed for 2020.
- Clos du Soleil Estate Vineyard and Winery – We are re-opening for tastings on Thursday June 25th. All our tastings have moved to online reservation system only – our various tasting options: https://www.
closdusoleil.ca/visit/. Our COVID-19 safety regulations are linked to via our Visit Us page, direct link.
Thompson Valley and Lillooet
- Monte Creek Ranch Winery
- Harper’s Trail Estate Winery
- Privato Vineyard and Winery – We are open Wednesday through Sunday, closed Monday and Tuesday. We have introduced reservations in order to ensure your experience at Privato continues to be exceptional. We are able to accommodate groups of up to 6 people at this time and we will have limited space for walk ins as well. We highly recommend you make a reservation to ensure your visit is timely. Call 250-579-8739 to book.
Vancouver Island and Gulf Islands
- Blue Grouse Estate Winery – Our tasting room is now open! Wednesday – Sunday from 11 to 5pm. Guests can reserve for a tasting (three wines $5 or 5 wines $10) or just reserve a table to enjoy a bottle with friends.