On my last day at the Vancouver International Wine Festival 2023, I attended the Sabor Sudamericano grazing lunch where all participating South American wineries gathered and poured their wines by a selection of South American dishes were being served, and we listened to live music by a Latin band. It was the best way to end the Festival in my opinion.
The South American dishes we were served to go with the wines were:
- Braised pork and squash turnover, arbol chile salsa
- Oyster mushroom tamale, tomatillo relish
- Yucca frites, guava ketchup
- Beef striploin asado, lime, garlic, roast peppers and onions
- Peruvian Seafood stew, cod, Humboldt squid, prawns, cilantro tomato broth
- Brazilian Beer chicken and grilled pineapple, creamy cornmeal
- Brigadeiro, a Brasilian dessert similar to a bon bon
- Passion fruit macarons
I leave you with a few pictures of the event; the wines and food I sampled, plus one video so you can enjoy the Latin music. Cheers.