Last week was the first, Vol 1, of Vancouver Foodster’s Food Talks. It was held in the W2 Media Cafe downtown. To warm us up, we were treated to an array of Indian inspired non-alcoholic drinks and appetizers, and red & white wines from Misconduct Wine Company from Penticton.
There was a wide range of speakers this evening. Two chefs, a food writer, a manager for Ocean Wise seafood, and a manager for Vancouver’s Farmers Market. What they all had in common is their love of Vancouver, and food, and supporting our local food producers.
Here are my youtube video snippets of the full talks by the 5 speakers this evening. I hope you enjoy them and find them thought provoking.
- Mike McDermid Ocean Wise Manager from the Vancouver Aquarium
- Stephanie Yuen Food Writer and Author of East Meets West at Vancouver Food Talks
- Hunter J. Moyes Chef at the Waldorf Hotel and Founder of the Tiffin Project
- Chef Trevor Bird a Top Chef Canada Competitor and Chef of Fable Kitchen
- Roberta LaQuaglia Operations Manager for Vancouvers Farmers Markets
More details about these speakers are on Vancouver Foodsters website here. If you enjoyed these talks, there is a Food Talks Vol 2 and Vol 3. Tickets for Vol 2 are on sale. The event will be on July 10, at EBO Restaurant in Burnaby. Tickets and details for Food Talks Vol 2 is here. If you enjoy wine, John Skinner is the Proprietor, Painted Rock Estate Winery Ltd will be one of the speakers. Thank you to Richard Wolak, aka @vanfoodster, for organizing these talks. Enjoy!
Latest posts by mywinepal (Posts)
- My Top 5 Star Rated Wines for 2014 - December 19, 2014
- Let’s Talk about Samantha Syrah and Haywire Free Form Wines - December 12, 2014
- Say Cheers to Burch Family Wines at the Vancouver International Wine Festival 2015 - December 8, 2014