Getting money to complete your studies is always a concern for students. If you are studying, or thinking of studying, the culinary arts, there are some scholarships available to you, here in BC. Below is a press release from the BC Hospitality Foundation describing some scholarships you can apply to help with your studies and your future.
BCHF Industry Scholarships
- This is a legacy scholarship to support families in the industry. Up to three Industry Scholarships are available annually for children of hospitality workers whose parents have worked in the industry for more than 5 years, and who are themselves planning a course of study leading to any hospitality diploma or degree.
- Applications are open year-round at https://
bchospitalityfoundation.com/ scholarships/scholarship- application/.
BCHF Culinary Scholarships
- Five culinary scholarships are awarded in partnership with the Chefs’ Table Society of BC. The Chefs’ Table Society of BC selects the students and the BCHF funds the scholarships.
- Applications are open February 1, 2019 – March 15, 2019 at https://
bchospitalityfoundation.com/ scholarships/bc-culinary- scholarship-application/.
The Greg King Scholarship at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts
- This scholarship is a result of the collaboration between the BC Hospitality Foundation and Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts. The King family is offering a $1,500 scholarship to students who are passionate about cooking. Please visit https://www.picachef.
com/blog/greg-king- scholarship-pacific-institute- culinary-arts to apply. The application deadline is February 28th 2019.