I recently posted an article about Washington and Oregon wines that will be at EAT! Vancouver in November, and provided you with some background information on the signature grapes and wines produced in these two states. I have also attended Taste Washington a few times over the past years, and have visited Walla Walla. I do have a fairly good idea about Washington state wines, but the wine industry both north and south of the border keeps growing, so I know that there are many wineries I have yet to try from Washington state. And research about the terroir of the different AVAs in Washington state continues to grow, so I will be attending WBC18, the Wine Bloggers Conference 2018 in Washington state over the October Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend. If you are reading this and are a wine writer/blogger, you may want to sign up as well and learn more about Washington state wines. There will be a continuous sampling of wines throughout each day of the Conference.
Here are some details about registering for the Conference from the WBC18 website:
…the 2018 Wine Bloggers Conference to be held October 4-7, 2018 in Walla Walla, WA. The price of the WBC depends on when you register (prices in USD):
- $170 citizen bloggers or published writers, $470 others: Through September 15, 2018
- $195 citizen bloggers or published writers, $495 others: September 16, 2018 and later
- All published wine writers are considered Citizen Wine Bloggers in terms of pricing.
- Citizen Wine Bloggers (those not connected to a business other than a media outlet) pay a reduced rate if you agree to write at least three blog posts about the conference. What you write about is up to you – the conference itself, a sponsor, a wine you try, the content, etc
- If you choose not to accept this condition, you are free to register at the Non-blogger rate.
- To sign up as a blogger, you must have an active (at least three current posts) blog that has been in existence at least three months. You must be listed as a contributor on the blog. Friends and spouses you wish to bring with you who are not clearly identified on your blog as part of the team need to sign up under the general registration category.
Please be accurate in selecting your category as we will confirm your status and it takes both of us a lot of time if we have to contact you. Please note we do not have registrations for only part of the weekend or specific events and you cannot share your registration with someone else. If you must cancel your registration, your payment is 50% refundable through September 4, 2018 and not refundable after that.
There is an extensive agenda of events happening at the Marcus Whitman Hotel (most talks and seminars), plus many excursions to wineries in the area.
This is a yearly conference and changes locations. It was in the Okanagan a few years ago. If you are not a wine writer, or the conference does not fit with your schedule, I will be there and I will be taking extensive notes as usual and will write a few articles from the Conference when I get back to Vancouver. Also, watch out for my live Instagram and Twitter tweets during the Conference.