Who We Are
Moraine Estate Winery is a family owned winery and vineyard overlooking Okanagan Lake, located just minutes from the City of Penticton. From its shelf-like location above striking clay bluffs, Moraine peers over the landscape and water. These iconic glaciated white clay cliffs comprise the breathtaking Naramata Bench and inspire the winery’s land-formed name.
The winery owners are the husband-wife team of Oleg and Svetlana Aristarkhov, who, at a time when they were ready to make a life change, were enchanted by Moraine’s setting. The couple believes that wine offers one of life’s most simple, enjoyable, and accessible pleasures; and this philosophy spurred their leap into the wine industry. They relocated from Alberta, where they had lived for 15 years, to make premium Okanagan wines.
The winery looks out to the lake over the seven-acre Anastasia estate vineyard, which is planted with Merlot, Pinot Gris, Viognier, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Shiraz and Riesling. The smaller, 3.5 acre Sophia Vineyard, is located closer to Penticton and is planted to Pinot Noir. With a goal of using only fruit grown on Naramata Bench, Moraine’s inaugural vintage wines offer a unique, desirable flavour profile.
Where to Find Us and the Wines We Will be Pouring
At the International Festival Tasting Room we will be pouring:
- Moraine Riesling 2015 -This premium 2015 Riesling was whole bunch pressed and fermented at cool temperatures. Find hints of dried apricots and orchids. The natural acidity of this wine is balanced well by the natural residual sugars
- Moraine Pinot Noir 2014 – Our exclusive Pinot Noir was grown at Sophia’s vineyard, carefully fermented is small bins for assuring of developing high fruitiness and lovely aromas of the wine. Pinot Noir was aged for 10 months in the premium French oak. It exhibits aromas of wild thyme, dark chocolate, black cherries, lingonberries and tamarillos. It’s lovely acidity mingles seamlessly with its juicy tannins which will dance on your tongue.
- Moraine Syrah 2014 – The fruit that made up this wine was handpicked, fermented and bottled on site. The 2014 Syrah was aged in premium French oak barrels for 11 months. Our Syrah presents vibrant aromas of dark chocolate, while pepper and floral aromas are complemented by the juicy inviting tannins. It is best to decanter this wine when drinking young.
Latest posts by mywinepal (Posts)
- Is the BC 2016 Vintage Any Good? - April 24, 2017
- Check Out 6 New Wine Releases from Monte Creek Ranch - April 16, 2017
- Spring Has Arrived at Road 13 Vineyards – Upcoming Events and More - April 10, 2017