The 2017 BC Hospitality Foundation Sommelier Scholarships are sponsored by Okanagan Crush Pad (OCP) and Authentic Wine and Spirits Merchants. These scholarships are a mentorship program designed to further individual study in wine education. Up to four $1000.00 scholarships are awarded every year.
To apply, you will need:
- A 500 word essay on why you need and deserve a $1000 scholarship from the BC Hospitality Foundation
- Academic transcripts – WSET or ISG
- Two (2) reference letters from non-family members
- Cover letter
Students applying must work in the hospitality and wine industry and must have been awarded (minimum) ISG Level 2 or WSET Level 3 through an accredited program.
Scholarship applications are sent to a 15-member industry committee for review. Scholarships are open to anyone working in the hospitality or wine industry in British Columbia.
Our committee chooses up to four scholarship winners. Winners will be notified in writing, in advance of the presentation, which will be during the 2017 International Wine Festival, this upcoming February. Applications are open until January 4, 2017.
Link to application: 2017 BC Hospitality Foundation Sommelier Scholarships
Latest posts by mywinepal (Posts)
- Is the BC 2016 Vintage Any Good? - April 24, 2017
- Check Out 6 New Wine Releases from Monte Creek Ranch - April 16, 2017
- Spring Has Arrived at Road 13 Vineyards – Upcoming Events and More - April 10, 2017