Majella Wines is a family owned company situated in Coonawarra, in the Limestone Coast region in south east South Australia. Coonawarra is regarded my most wine experts as one of the very beast regions in Australia for the production of high quality Cabernet Sauvignon wines, and Majella is no exception. The vineyards and winery are based on the famous “terra rossa” red strip that typifies the greatest Coonawarra wineries.
The vineyards were first planted over 40 years ago, and although the wine label only came into existence in 1991 Majella has established itself as one of Australia’s most awarded small wineries.
The Wines We Will Be Pouring
Majella “The Musician” (BC$19.99) has long been a favourite in all Canadian Provinces. It’s a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz, lightly oaked and recognised as one Australia’s best value-for-money wines. Great drinking at less than $20 per bottle.
- Majella Cabernet Sauvignon (BC $29.99) is one of Australia’s great Cabernet Sauvignons. The fruit comes from established vines planted on pure Coonawarra “terra rossa” soil. A great wine.
- Majella Sparkling Shiraz (BC $39.99 SPEC). If there’s one wine that every visitor to the Vancouver International Wine Fest loves it’s Sparkling Shiraz. We describe it as “Australia’s Gift to the Wine World”; Perfect for Christmas, Thanksgiving or any other celebration – and the only wine that goes with bacon and eggs for breakfast.
- Majella Shiraz. Typical Coonawarra Shiraz. Elegant and stylish, showing great Shiraz character, subtle tannins and restrained power.
Latest posts by mywinepal (Posts)
- VanWineFest 2017 – It’s a Wrap. All My Posts for You. - March 26, 2017
- VanWineFest 2017 – The 2020 Vision & Declaration for an Organic Okanagan Valley in BC - March 23, 2017
- Pairing 5 Wines from Upper Bench Winery with Blue Cheese - March 21, 2017