Sharing experiences is always more fun than on your own, at least for me. When I attend various wine events, I like to be with friends, so we can share notes and talk about wines. So when the Vancouver International Wine Festival opens up this last week of February, if you are attending, please do not hesitate to talk to me about some wines that excited you, and I will point out the wines that I really liked too. But where and when to find me? Below are the events that I will be attending, so if you are there too, keep an eye out for me. I’m really a social person! I’ve also added the festival comments to the events, in case you want to sign up and attend.
Remember the theme country this year is France, and the theme grape/style is “bubbles”. So expect lots of wonderful sparkling wines from France and from around the world.
International Festival Tasting Room
Thursday, February 27th from 7:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday, March 1st from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
The tasting room offers a unique opportunity to taste rare bottles and discover new treasures as you visit with renowned winery principals from around the globe. At each booth you will find a winery principal, identified by his or her royal blue lanyard. This person is a senior member of the winery, intimately involved in the wine-producing process as a winemaker, proprietor or senior executive. Nowhere else in the world will you find a gathering of these talented men and women pouring wine and answering questions under one roof. Take the opportunity to ask questions and learn from the experts about your favourite wine.
ICONIC FRENCH WINES Seminar
VCC West, Meeting Room 109, 1055 Canada Place
Friday, February 28th from 5:00pm – 6:45pm
Indulge your palate with a tasting of iconic French wines. Travel throughout the regions of France and experience what one of the world’s most acclaimed wine countries has to offer. Join a panel of esteemed vintners, moderated by Rhys Pender MW, whose care, dedication and knowledge allow them to produce elegant and delicately crafted wines.
- Vignobles Brumont Château Montus Cuvée Prestige Madiran 2002
- Dourthe Essence de Dourthe 2008
- Gabriel Meffre Côtes de Provence Rosé 2012
- Georges Duboeuf Moulin-à-Vent La Clef du Bief 2011
- Hugel & Fils Hommage à Jean Hugel Gewürztraminer 1998
- Château de Jau Rivesaltes Ambre 2007
- Domaine Joseph Mellot Sancerre Blanc Cuvée Pierre Etienne 2009
- Maison Louis Jadot Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Ursules 2010
- Famille Perrin Château de Beaucastel 2011
- Champagne Taittinger Comtes de Champagne Blanc de Blancs 2005
VCC West, Level 3, 1055 Canada Place
Saturday, March 1st from 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Celebrate Mediterranean flavours in a lively and friendly atmosphere! Take a food and wine pairing journey through the premium wines of Languedoc-Roussillon and food from the South of France! Enjoy this grazing lunch against the backdrop of the stunning North Shore Mountains. Live entertainment adds to the fun, but the real stars are the top-quality wines inside the bottles.
Latest posts by mywinepal (Posts)
- VanWineFest 2017 – It’s a Wrap. All My Posts for You. - March 26, 2017
- VanWineFest 2017 – The 2020 Vision & Declaration for an Organic Okanagan Valley in BC - March 23, 2017
- Pairing 5 Wines from Upper Bench Winery with Blue Cheese - March 21, 2017