Have you heard about The National Tasting: Creating A Great Wine Culture? Peter Lehmann Wines is inviting Canadian wine lovers to The National Tasting: a first-of-its-kind live-streaming and interactive panel discussion featuring some of the wine world’s leading experts.
Peter Lehmann Wines (PLW) will host this unique conversation featuring writer and broadcaster Anthony Gismondi alongside a panel of top sommeliers and wine educators. Opening the floor
to wine lovers across Canada, this event will take place online (nationaltasting.ca) and at the Cove Lakeside Resort in the Okanagan Valley on Monday, October 21 from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm PST (7:00 pm to 8:30 pm EST).
PLW recognizes that wine is more than a business – it is also a community. Peter Lehmann Wines believes in supporting all members of the wine community. Discussion will touch on the
value of high-quality wines and what they add to life, how to taste like a pro and what to look for in a wine. The forum will also provide a platform to discuss the current state and future of wine in Canada, and encourage friends and family to gather and conduct their own tastings at home while watching. Participants are encouraged to submit questions to the panel via Twitter using the hashtag #plwines or on the National Tasting website, for a chance to win prizes from Peter Lehmann
Wines including GoVino wine glasses and decanters as well as gift certificates for wine-loving restaurants and stores across Canada. Online guests will also be encouraged to taste along
with the panel from home using #plwines. Online participants can RSVP for the event by visiting nationaltasting.ca.
ABOUT THE WINES
There will be three wines tasted by the panel during the live show. Those watching at home are encouraged to purchase these wines, and invite friends and family to share in an at-home wine tasting.
- Clancy’s Legendary Red, which has been featured on the Wine Spectator Top 100 Wines of the Year no less than five times.
- Peter Lehmann Wines Portrait Barossa Shiraz, which was rated 92 points by Australian wine expert James Halliday.
- Peter Lehmann Wines Futures Shiraz, which recently received a 90-point Outstanding rating from Wine Spectator.
- Local British Columbia wine: Road 13 Vineyards Syrah Malbec, which recently won a platinum medal in WineAlign’s inaugural National Wine Awards of Canada
- ANTHONY GISMONDI (@TheSpitter) has been the wine
columnist for the Vancouver Sun for almost 25 years. His
website gismondionwine.com attracts over a half million
international visitors every month. He edits the Canadian
section for Hugh Johnson’s Pocket Wine Book and
recently became a partner and principal critic at WineAlign.com, Canada’s busiest social media wine site.
- MATTHEW LANE (@ChampagneLane) has comprehensive experience in development, sales, winemaking, and wine education. As the Vice President – The Americas of Peter Lehmann Wines, he raises the profile of the Peter Lehmann Wines portfolio by bringing a holistic approach to market and sales development with distributors, trade, and media throughout the Americas.
- HARRY HERTSCHEG (@HHonwine) has been involved in Vancouver’s arts and culture community for over 25 years. He is the executive director of the acclaimed Vancouver International Wine Festival. Harry also writes wine reviews for Tidings Magazine, judges competitions, presents seminars, teaches wine and spirits classes, and helps with charity fundraisers.
- SAMANTHA RAHN (@SamanthaRahnGC) A passionate sommelier and world-traveler, Samantha arrived at Araxi in October, 2007 following a tour through Burgundy. She was named the 2013 Vancouver International Wine
Festival Sommelier of the Year.
- ZINTA STEPRANS (@zintagsteprans) is manager and sommelier of Toronto’s Soho House.
- Our Moderator: BEN MAC-PHEE-SIGURDSON (@bensigurdson) is the wine columnist for the Winnipeg Free Press. He writes about wine and beer for a variety of local and national publications. He has served as a wine
judge at competitions including Wine Access magazine’s Canadian Wine Awards, WineAlign’s National Wine Awards of Canada, and the World Wine Awards of Canada.
So sign up to participate, pour a glass of wine, learn from others, and give your opinion too. It’s important to hear from everyone. We all have a voice.
Latest posts by mywinepal (Posts)
- Tasting Wines from Beamsville Bench’s Peninsula Ridge Estates Winery - August 17, 2017
- The Latest Blue Grouse Wines: Pinots and More - August 16, 2017
- The School of Cool: Wine Tasting Notes from the i4C - August 15, 2017