In case you are unfamiliar with Harbinger Winery, they are located in the Olympic Peninsula, Washington State in the town of Port Angeles. They have a wide range of wines, both grape-based and other fruits. The grapes for Harbinger’s wines comes from Eastern Washington. Their goal is to produce premium quality wines that are easy to drink. They do not use filtration or fining methods for their red wines, with the intention of leaving as much of the wines true character where it belongs: in the bottle.
A Few of My Favourite Wines
La Petite Fleur 2010. This is a blend of Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, and Riesling. Light lemon in colour. Light aromas of petroleum (from the Rielsing grapes), citrus and apples. Dry with high acidity. A nice mineral streak with tropical fruit and citrus flavours. Very tasty.
- El Jefe 2008. This wine is a Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre (aka GSM) blend, which originates from the South of Rhone. It also has a few drops of Petit Sirah in this blend. Opaque ruby in the glass. Nice nose, with ripe raspberries, cherries and vanilla. Fully body, dry with fine tannins on the mid palate. Very concentrated flavours of cherries and cassis. This wine also has medium acidity to keep it lively. Very nice.
- Malbec 2008. Deep translucent ruby colour with blackberry and vanilla on the nose. Round and dry in the mouth with some minerality, and flowery and dark fruit flavours. Very smooth and very tasty.
- Petit Syrah 2007. This was my overall favourite of all the wines that I tasted at Harbinger. Medium translucent ruby colour. Smoky, meaty, and dark cherry aromas. Medium body with some dark fruit, cherries, tarriness, and cocoa (on the finish). Dry tannins on the finish. Really good now and probably good for another 5 years. If you haven’t tried Petit Syrah before, try this one.
If you prefer fruit, non-grape, wines they have Blackberry Bliss 2010 and Cranberry Bliss. For more information about Harbinger Winery and how you can get their wines, here is their website link. Enjoy!
Latest posts by mywinepal (Posts)
- Nourish Yourself With the Lure of Seafood and Road 13 Wines - October 15, 2017
- 2014 Bordeaux Release in BC on Saturday Oct 14 2017 - October 13, 2017
- 10 BC Wines to Celebrate with on Thanksgiving - October 4, 2017