Have you ever wanted to go to Argentina, watch a live tango show, visit the Iguazu Falls (remember the movie “The Mission”?), walk the vineyards in Mendoza, eat an Argentinean style barbeque (asado), and enjoy a big Malbec with your asado? I’ve been to Argentina, and had a chance to do many of these things. Argentina is a big, beautiful country. Buenos Aires has been coined the most European city of South America. With it’s French architecture, and fashion, I understand why. Here is some additional information on Buenos Aires from Wikitravel.
I am planning a ~7 day tour of Argentina, and want to make it something that excites you and makes you daydream about it during your workday.
What I need is your feedback of the items you would like to see, plus ideas of places to see, or things you would like to do that are not on my list.
Ideas for an Argentina Trip
- Take a tango class
- Watch real tango in a nightclub in Buenos Aires
- Visit the Recoleta (cemetary) to see Evita Peron‘s grave
- Visit the Opera House in Buenos Aires
- Visit top quality wineries in Mendoza, including tasting wines at each winery (e.g. Bodega Catena Zapata, Bodegas Salentein, Bodega Familia Zuccardi, Bodega Tapiz)
- Enjoy an asado in Mendoza with wine of course
- Visit the art galleries of Mendoza
- Take a cooking lesson in Mendoza
- Drive into the Andes Mountains
- Visit the Iguazu Falls and walk along the falls or take a boat ride (see Wikipedia’s page)
- Take a boat ride on the Tigre River in Buenos Aires
- Take a boat ride from Buenos Aires across the Plata to Montevideo, Uruguay and try some of their signature Tannat wines.
- Watch a futbol (soccer) match.
Can you please comment on the above sites or experiences? Which are the most attractive to you? I hope to have a good list compiled before Christmas. Will you help me?
Also add in sites and experiences that you know, which may not be in my list. Many thanks! Let’s have some fun in Argentina.
Latest posts by mywinepal (Posts)
- Say Olá to Adriano Ramos Pinto – Vinhos S.A. at VanWineFest 2018 - November 20, 2017
- New Wine Releases from Okanagan’s Evolve Cellars and McWatters Collection - November 19, 2017
- Phantom Creek Acquires Acclaimed Golden Mile Bench Vineyard - November 10, 2017